Only getting your WordPress website designed is not enough. You need to do much more than that if you want to make it work 24/7 for you. One of the things is regular maintenance and upgrading which are absolutely necessary especially for WordPress.
Just like your car cannot function smoothly without regular maintenance, your website cannot function with optimal performance and smoothly without regular maintenance, either.
Now, the question arises, how often do you need to upgrade your WordPress website themes and plugins?
We recommend our clients to do so on a monthly basis. This ensures that you avoid excessively upgrading your website while simultaneously not missing out on any important update.
Here is why monthly maintenance and upgrading of the WordPress website are highly recommended!
Monthly updating WordPress website improves security
WordPress is undoubtedly the most widely used Content Management System(CMS) today. Although all websites are possible to be hacked, outdated websites are more likely to get hacked than well maintained.
This risk becomes tenfold when the website owners do not benefit from the regular WordPress updates. Whenever the WordPress team figures out any security bug or glitch, it immediately rolls out a security update to fix it.
Business websites that are upgraded on a monthly basis benefit from these updates. On the flip side, business websites that are not upgraded on a monthly basis do not benefit from these updates. Hence, they are more prone to be affected by security vulnerabilities.
If you wish to improve your business website’s security, it is highly recommended that you update it on a monthly basis. In case you do not have the time to do so, you can always reach out to us for assistance.
Monthly updating WordPress website provides your website with new features and functionality
WordPress updates are not always regarding fixing security glitches. At times they are also focused on introducing new features and augmenting the functionality of your website. Such updates are often a result of some innovation within the WordPress team. However, at times they are a consequence of external influences.
For instance, Google constantly keeps on updating its algorithm for search engine ranking. That is why WordPress also needs to alter its functionality accordingly. SEO is something that almost all WordPress websites strive to achieve.
Therefore, you should ensure that your WordPress website is upgraded on a monthly basis. This will help you with benefitting from all the new features. Also, this way, your website’s functionality will remain in accordance with the recent Google algorithm. Hence, your website’s SEO ranking would not suffer.
Do you wish to benefit from all the new features of WordPress themes and plugins, but do not have the time to do so?
You better not worry!
All you need to do is hand over your monthly website maintenance to our team of experts. We at Nirmal would ensure that your website is upgraded with all the required updates on a monthly basis.
All you need to do is, drop a message below, and we will get back to you!
Monthly updating WordPress website helps you in keeping control of your website
If you get into the habit of regularly updating your WordPress website, there are other unintended benefits that would follow. One such benefit is that you will get to review all the components of your website on a monthly basis. So if there is anything that is out-dated or non-functional, you can immediately get to know that and fix it.
While reviewing your website for updates, also simultaneously consider the following:
- Is your website’s content up to date, or has it become out-dated?
- Does your website need new content?
- Is your website functioning smoothly enough?
- Are there any broken links?
- Are social media connections working fine?
- Does your website have multiple back-ups?
- Are your website’s statistics up to mark?
As evident, monthly upgrading your website has numerous other benefits too. It provides you with an opportunity to review other important things that you wouldn’t have reviewed otherwise. This helps in maintaining your website well enough.
That is why we highly recommend all our clients to regularly and monthly update their WordPress business website!
How to update your WordPress website?
You can easily update your WordPress website on a monthly basis by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Start off by creating regular back-up copies of your WordPress website. God forbid, if anything goes wrong during the update, you will have a back-up of your website. Hence, you won’t have to start from scratch. As it is commonly said, better safe than sorry!
- Take your website’s screenshots before updating it so that you can easily compare the before and after results.
- Creating a staging server and make all the changes on the staging server rather than the live website. We never recommend making any code-level changes on the live website.
- You can start by updating WordPress core first and then move on to the rest.
- After that, you can update WordPress plugins. Here you have the option of updating the existing plug-ins as well as installing new plug-ins if you want to add additional functionality on the website.
- Then you can update your WordPress theme. This can be sometimes very tricky if you have modified the aesthetics or functionality of the original theme.
- Lastly, you need to run a post-update website test to see whether everything has been done correctly or not.
- Push the changes to the live from staging to live.
Yes, it is fairly easy to update a WordPress website, but only for a person who excels in this job. If you don’t have enough experience with the technical side of things, you are likely to encounter several difficulties. Hence, we highly recommend you not to do this task on your own. Instead, you should avail the services of an expert in this field.
Businesses usually hire the best possible resource for the development of their website.
We highly recommend them to do the same for the regular maintenance of their WordPress website. After all, this task is almost as important as the development of a website.
You can contact us today and get a tailored monthly website maintenance plan designed by our experts. We at Nirmal value the individuality of businesses and hence, design monthly Australia WordPress support plans according to the needs of our clients.
Pick up your phone and dial our number NOW!