The website should be created by understanding the needs of the audience. The great challenge in website lies on making it usable as a website with good usability attracts customer towards it. It should look good along with smart and clean.
However, most often than not, websites are subject to numerous mistakes. Whether the designer can’t relate the concept of the client or the design turns flat due to other reasons, the mistakes are close to every web design. These common mistakes in the web page may degrade your website and put it down. So, you need to redesign your site, learn from mistakes and try to perform better.
Here we are going to discuss some of the most common mistakes people have to face in web design.
A good interface design along with readability is one of the vital parts of web design. It drives the attention of users but if they are unable to read the text and cannot find anything useful on the website and their desire to visit your website decreases. Sometimes most irregular font styles and sizes are used in web design which makes user difficult to read the content. Readability is one of the essential parts of conversion rate optimisation. If your site has small fonts or doesn’t appeal to the audience, it can be a turn-off. Follow these simple rules to overcome that problem.
- Visit different sites and view their design; evaluate type of colour used by them and grab some idea
- Utilise those ideas it on your website.
- After utilising it you need to test your website by reading the content.
- If you can read well then your audience can read it too.
No change in the colour of Visited links
- Use functionality that changes colour after the visit to the link and checks the link once. If you don’t know CSS, get one from a cheap freelancing site like Fiverr to help you out.
Unavailable Contact information
If your company is related to online shopping or other services then the contact information of your company is very important to make customer easy to contact you. When your customer finds your contact information unavailable then your customers turn back to another site which is more useful to them. Also, think this way, if you can’t see a contact information on a website, how can you tell if it’s authentic or not? Therefore, you should focus on providing full and appropriate contact information on your website.
- Use one separate page for Contact details and provide full contact information of a company.
- Make sure contact details are available on your site and it is not hidden.
- You can also insert email and contact number in the top of every page.
Disorganised Content Layout
The content layout regulates the traffic to your website. Disorganised content layout includes keeping incorrect, unapproachable, inconsequential or outdated content on the website. The content should correspond with the inclusive theme of the website. So, to make website attractive and informative content should be well organised.
- Make heading of your content bold and large
- Use margins to generate enough white-space within your text and images
- Update your content in a certain time-frame and make it reliable.
Unavailability of Search Box
A website provides useful information about company, services and products. Either a business website or blog search box is important. The sometimes audience may have difficulty to find something that is hidden inside the website. So, unavailability of Search engine makes them dissatisfied with the website as they cannot find what they want.
- You can research and apply Google custom search on your site, it helps your audience to search your site in an effective manner.
Consequently, these are the 5 mistakes that can be found in web design. Mistakes are done by everyone, instead of repeating the mistake you should try to gain some idea from the mistake and improve your design in a better way. In order to keep your design out of these mistakes; you have to visit different sites, grab some idea, research and design carefully.
Are you in need of web design company to design your website? If yes, get in touch.